When we email your matches to you, we do our best to provide qualified Mutual Matches based on the criteria you give us; however, it happens sometimes that on a given day, there aren't any new matches that fit the bill exactly. In these cases, we may send "Members We Selected For You" that still may be of interest to you even though they are outside of one or more of your preferences, such as age or location.
I only want matches that strictly adhere to my preferences
We send Match by Mail to you as often as you specify in your mailing preferences. And by default, when there aren't new Mutual Matches based on your preferences, we'll send you member profiles under the heading "Members We've Selected For You" that come as close as possible. But maybe you're OK with fewer, more specific matches and don't want the broader selections on the days when there aren't any more specific matches to send you. That's fine, too. Simply scale back the amount of emailed matches we send you each week. To do this:
- Log in to your Match account.
- Hover your mouse over the gear icon in the top navigation bar, and select "Settings" in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click on "Email Preferences."
- Adjust your preference for Match.com by Mail frequency.
- Click on "Update" at the bottom of the page.