We may reject profiles that contain any of the following:
- Abusive language of any kind, including profanity, vulgarity, racism, illegal activity, etc.
- Any direct contact information, including email addresses, URLs, instant messenger IDs, phone numbers, addresses, etc.
- Unauthorized use of copyrighted or trademarked material
- Business or political advertisements or solicitations
- References to illegal activities or drug use
- Languages other than English, Spanish, or French
- Material that exploits or solicits personal information from individuals under the age of 18
- Overt solicitation for sex or descriptions of sexual activity, anatomy, etc.
- Solicitation of multiple or additional partners
- Insufficient or illegible content
Match does not accept content from:
- Incarcerated individuals
- Individuals under the age of 18
When you update your profile text, we’ll review it before it gets posted on the site. This can sometimes take up to 1 hour. We'll let you know via email once your profile has been reviewed and approved.
We review every section of the profile, including the main profile essay, short answers to other profile questions, first name, occupation, etc. Whenever you make an update, the new text is reviewed before it becomes visible to other members.
When you submit an update to your profile text, it will go into “Pending” status. That means it’s waiting for us to review the changes. Your previous profile text will still be posted during this time, unless you don’t have any previously approved text.
If your profile is Hidden, it will become Visible when your updated profile text is approved. This only happens when your profile is Hidden.
If you’re using Private Mode, your profile will not become Visible when an update is approved. If you want to keep your profile Hidden, then you’ll need to adjust your visibility settings again after your profile update is approved.
If your new profile text doesn’t meet our guidelines, then it won’t be approved or displayed on the site. We’ll send you an email to let you know why. If your previous profile text was approved, it will remain posted on your profile in most cases. Sometimes, a profile rejection will cause your profile to become hidden instead.