- On the Match app you can see messages in two places: Likes tab and Matches tab
- Messages that are between you and your matches will show up in the Matches tab
- Messages that are sent to you from members who you have not matched with yet will be in your Likes tab
- If you send a message to someone you like, you will not be able to see a conversation between you and that member until the other member replies
- On the Match website, the Matches icon is at the top of every page
From the Likes You page:
- Tap on the profile photo. Note: A preview of the last message sent/received will be displayed.
- Then, tap on the message preview in the gray field to open the message.
- Type a message in the message field and press Send, to respond.
From the Matches tab:
When new matches are received, Subscribers will see a numerical bubble on their Matches icon.
1. Tap the Matches icon to check new matches.
2. New/unread messages will be in bold and the member can tap Your Turn to respond to the member.
If newly listed in Matches with no message, then “your turn” will be replaced with She/He liked you, You liked him/her, or You’re a match. When tapped, the member can message.
In order to read and respond to messages, you need to have an active, paid subscription to Match. In the meantime, we'll send you notifications when you receive new messages so that you'll know how much attention your profile is generating.
Once you have a paid subscription, simply click on the Matches or Likes tabs in the top navigation bar to view and respond to your messages.
Responding To Messages
A blue speech bubble will appear throughout the site, for example in your search results list. Whenever you see that icon, you can click on it to send a Message to that member.
When you’re using the desktop Match site, you’ll sometimes be prompted to send Messages to members on your Likes page.
From the Likes tab:
You can respond to a message through your Likes page by clicking on the member’s profile page, then click the grey text bubble. A text box will appear at the bottom to respond to the other member.
From the Matches tab:
To respond to message from the Matches tab, you can respond by typing in the space at the bottom of the thread.
If you're on the app, click your Matches tab, then choose the profile of the member that you wish to message.
There is no way to "unsend," recall, or retract a Message once it is sent.
On the App:
Swiping left on a message will un-match you with that profile and delete your messages with that person.
Click on the 3 dots on the top right of the conversation, then click Unmatch, this will will un-match you with that profile and delete your messages with that person.
There is no limit to the number of people a member can un-match with. Un-matching with a member will be valid for 180 days.